Popular Post

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hello Janet xxx


Frome Vintage Bazaar was excellent - thank you Liz & Claire for organizing such a brilliant event. Lots of work on - the auction flyers are finished (finally) and they are arriving today - fingers crossed they are perfect in print....I am in the sale room for the next two days sorting out all the pieces that have come in for our October 18th sale - a friend of mine is dropping of a box of childrens wear from the early 1900s, it is all so sweet, one piece has 'my darling' embroidered on it and it makes me want to cry for some reason. I was at a big antique fair last week buying - a woman came up to me and asked if I would mind having my photo taken for BBC Homes and Antiques magazine (it will be out early July!) It turned out we knew each other via email, hello Rosanna! I posed for the pictures and funnily the photographer said 'chin up' like the last photographer I had to 'pose' for, what is it about my poor chin? They wanted to see what I had bought....a lame lace shawl...1930s hat...and some amazing garden chairs...my friend Elena was with me - such fun to go antique shopping with friends, seem to give you more confidence to haggle and also to walk away from things you definitely do not need...I have also been hunting around for some YSL heels, there are so many to choose from (I want the pony skin pattern 80 ones) BUT! The sizing comes up bigger so I must sneak out of Frock Me this Sunday and run down to YSL (in flats) on Sloane Sq to try some on - so excited, this will be my first pair of YSLs. Hammersmith was good last Sunday, but I chose the wrong day to have a double stand! Ouch. So, now off upstairs to go through all the new stock for Frock Me....this Sunday at Chelsea Town Hall from 11 am - do email me as usual if you would like a free ticket. x Love Samaya

No comments:

Post a Comment