Popular Post

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ruched Velvet Cinema style..


We had a great camp with the whole family last week in deepest Wales. Mum chose the location as usual but luckily the only downside on this trip was the Artillery Base next door that let off huge booms every hour or so. It was near the surfing beach of Manorbier, lovely coast, clear sparkly water, lots of late nights with my brother and sister and mum laughing - I shared a tent with Mum and little Rob- absolutely hilarious. Then Friday I went to Big Chill festival for the day - also with little Rob, we had a lovely time with friends and stayed late but then I got horribly lost on the way back, long dark tracks through the woods with rather mad festival punters trying to get in as I was trying to leave (on a friday night, lesson learned - NEVER use 'purple gate').

Vintage At Goodwood is only 3 days away for me - going Wednesday ON MY OWN to set up camp and the stall, the boys are really getting on my nerves, keep asking why do I want to go on my own?! ha ha. They are coming Friday am to 'help'. There is so much on (thank you Caro for programme - its amazing!) at the new festival and the site looks incredible too - a lovely woman called Katherine is arranging fashion shows (three a day I think?) But now I have had enough of preparing! I have even ruched (ruched by my own hands) red velvet drapes to hang around the stall...gold silk lampshades...have I gone mad? If its muddy I will, er, dress it down, BUT its not going to rain! There is a heatwave coming. Love (a very tired) Samaya X

No comments:

Post a Comment