Popular Post

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Geek In Me

I have discovered that I am a geek at heart, an Applemac geek that is, and one who does not know much about ram, plugins, software, (hardware even) and such things but one that greatly appreciates the sleek cold feel of a new Macbook Pro, the smallness of an Air and the flowing touch screen of my iphone! I must ask my little Rob to show me how it works now as I keep calling people by mistake and the touch key board is so sensitive its like a premenstrual dictionary. While I was waiting for my Mac to be fixed by the wonderful man in the apple shop I popped to All Saints...I have not bought anything in there in the last 3 or 4 years but yesterday they had a dress that I know I will wear and wear so I bought it in black and in a muted print, such a good shape and can be worn over jeans and vests with jackets and sneakers or proper shoes and bare (bear) legs in summer...oh summer, my spring wardrobe is very strange. Since getting home to a huge drop in temperature I have been wearing terrible combos, basically leggings, thermal tops, big bobbly jumpers and ankle boots...not quite ready to have a sort out as I am looking at piles of things I need to arrange for the Hammersmith vintage fair this Sunday! I have an 'intern' starting tomorrow - this is going to be fantastic, her name is Catherine and I have worked with her before on the auction. She is very clever, beautiful and I have great hopes for what I can achieve with some support. First of all I am going to ask her to upload all the new stock to the website and Vintage Seekers (www.vintageseekers.com) and then ask if she can come to London with me on Sunday to help on the stand....fingers crossed for a very productive near future. Here is my dress......xx I shall wear on Sunday with a vintage 1940s cardigan and some weird shoes....Love Samaya

No comments:

Post a Comment