Popular Post

Monday, April 25, 2011

Joos in Marie Claire this month

For this month's Dress Code feature, Marie Claire's Senior Fashion Editor Zanna Roberts showcases my personal style and some of my favorite wardrobe pieces. I chose my grey J.Crew men's cashmere and cotton crew neck sweater. It's the easiest way to dress down any outfit. I've worn this sweater so often that it's molded to my body and loose in the bottom. I went to an all-girls, grey uniform, Catholic high school in Belgium and contrary to what your might expect - most girls abandoned grey out of their life after that 6-year ordeal - the color has stuck and remains a staple in my wardrobe. And without sounding totally vain, or overly batting my lashes, grey compliments the color of my eyes...  Zanna paired my sweater with an amazing raffia Matthew Williamson mini skirt and Giambattista Valli heels. I'm feeling the tropical, don't you? You'll also see my trademark socks - by now you should know I am obsessed with socks! I love the Miu Miu purple bow sandals that my friend Camilla Al-Fayed gifted me. They're half a size too small but I can handle it for a few hours. (Yes, I know what you are thinking.) And you might recognize the vintage, bright yellow dress from the Tales of Endearment post I did on Margherita Missoni in Paris. 
Thank you Marie Claire for this wonderful feature. And hurray for COLOR and LAUGHS! 

Margherita Missoni at Come on Eileen in Paris, October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment